While looking for Facility and site for Data center, some points should be kept in mind:
Locations Related Security Guidelines.
1. Avoid the following:
- Iconic, trophy, historic, listed, or high-profile sites and/or locations near such sites.
- Uncontrolled public facilities for vehicles (e.g., tunnels, parking areas, etc.) directly beneath or adjacent to the site.
- Avoid politically unstable areas.
2. Seek the following:
- Maximum setback from the street on all facades
- Maximum physical separation from neighboring buildings
- Convenient external assembly points
- Close proximity to emergency services
- Easy access to major roads or arteries
Facility-related security guidelines
Seek the following in conjunction with a proper facility risk
assessment before signing a lease:
- Sole building occupancy or sole floor occupancy at a minimum
- Physical access-controlled building entrances and exits to include parking facilities
- Structural designs that minimize the risk of progressive collapse in the event of an explosive incident
- Buildings with appropriate blast mitigation measures
- Effective acoustic isolation for internal offices/conference rooms next to non-company-controlled space
- Provisions for proper visitor access and control
- Elevated and physically secured HVAC air intakes
- Fire detection/prevention and life safety systems that meet company standards as well as all applicable codes
- Adequate emergency escape routes
- Internal space with the potential for segregated mail sorting/distribution
- Appropriate access controls for on-site parking and preferably not located beneath the building if a multi-tenant facility
- Provisions for secure equipment storage
For more Please refer our tool section ….