Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 01-10-2008, 06:46 AM

Default clustering question

Hello Guys,

Are most of the datacenters are Earth Quick proof building? I'm just curious.

Thanks
Marchen
Old 01-11-2008, 05:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sago-Sean Send a message via MSN to Sago-Sean Send a message via Yahoo to Sago-Sean Send a message via Skype™ to Sago-Sean

Do you mean earthquake proof? If so, I would imaging if it is a modern structure built in Quake zone areas, they may be. If that is a huge concern I would recommend searching for a DC that is not in that part of the world.
If you do mean earth quick, could you elaborate, as I googled the term and nothing came up.
Toll Free 866-366-3640
Old 01-15-2008, 06:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sago-Sean Send a message via MSN to Sago-Sean Send a message via Yahoo to Sago-Sean Send a message via Skype™ to Sago-Sean

Marchen, did you find the information you were looking for? If so, please share your findings as I found your question interesting but confusing.
Toll Free 866-366-3640
Old 01-17-2008, 04:20 PM

I agree with Sean, if the DC is in a earthquake zone, it should be re-inforced to stand up to your average quake.

I have seen some retrofits where the rack sits in a saucer like base with some sort of wheels underneath. When the floor moves side to side, the rack remains still for the most part.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:50 PM

Send a message via MSN to InfiniteTech

Take a look at cyberbunker.org | this is the ultimate data-center anyone can get hosted at.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:27 AM

Hi,

Sorry guys. Yes, I meant earthquake. I'm working for a small company and it host some of the banks. They want to have cluster solution and second server should be in very stable place, with earthquake proof, etc.

Thanks a lot for all of your information.

Thanks
Marchen
Old 01-25-2008, 06:55 PM

Marchen, the best way to isolate which data center is going to meet those needs is to call and speak with the technicians and facility managers and they can give you the information you need. And again, if being in a data center that is not in an earth quake zone is an option for you, then I would start there and then you do not need to be concerned with those qualifications. Where are you looking to have the DC at?
Toll Free 866-366-3640