Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Prodcuts Reviews, Tools, Tips and Check List

Old 05-12-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC View Post
I'd suggest that cloud computing changes the game and I think this is fueled by two key drivers: cost and time to market. Though there are some concerns about the security and maturity with cloud, it does offer planned growth based on OpEx. When it comes to business applications, a key difference from running them in the cloud in relation to a hosted service is that they run on multiple servers. Because of this, applications become location independent and processing power is virtually unlimited. Likewise, it helps reduce bandwidth costs and the personnel costs associated with maintaining a data center. Another big advantage with cloud is the ability to scale quickly, to adapt to changing needs.
Thank-you for all the information and insights on cloud hosting. I think it certainly will be the way of the future. As you say, there are some concerns so far about how secure the cloud hosting options really are. I am sure in time even that will be worked out.