Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Data Center Market Place > Colocation, Dedicated Servers, Cloud Hosting, IP Transit Requests > IP Transit Requests

Old 11-20-2005, 10:56 PM
integrahost

Exclamation Bandwidth in Bowling Green KY

Hey,

Our Municiple Utilities is wanting to build a DC here in our town, Does anyone think they can actually get a few bandwidth providers in here for a reasonable price? So far, I'm getting ridiculous quotes of $100/mbps.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:15 AM
tical

Ridiculous? Please. There are still carriers in Tier1 and Tier2 markets charging well in excess of $100/mbit. Sure you could find bandwidth elsewhere and haul it in, but at what cost? Oh, what's that you say? The bandwidth would cost more than $100/mbit when you factor in the cost of transport? I rest my case.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:50 AM
TMG Internet

Default bowling green

I can provide bandwidth right in Bowling green for under $40/Mbps for an OC-3...$100 sounds a little high now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical
Ridiculous? Please. There are still carriers in Tier1 and Tier2 markets charging well in excess of $100/mbit. Sure you could find bandwidth elsewhere and haul it in, but at what cost? Oh, what's that you say? The bandwidth would cost more than $100/mbit when you factor in the cost of transport? I rest my case.