Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 08-11-2012, 04:54 PM

Default More Questions

As I stated before, I have a Dell Poweredge 2500 and I'm soon going to be picking up an Avaya media server that I'm going to configuring to either a storage array or just a standalone server. My questions:

1) Is there a way to set these servers up to automatically report any issues (fan failure, power supply failure, etc.)? *NOTE: This will be setup at a later date when I get my own dedicated line in my office.*

2) How can I link the two servers together so that the Avaya server is either a backup server OR as a storage array?

3) Considering it's in an office space that doesn't have directly accessible WiFi (meaning, I have no access to the router) and I also do not have an immediate need for remote access EXCEPT when I'm in the office, how would I go about setting them up so that I can access them without being directly connected via a cable? I have a spare router at my house that I can use.