Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 09-13-2011, 05:38 AM

Default Data centers in books

Fiction books, I mean! I don't know how many are out there, but I do know of one. Actually it's a short story! It's by Cory Doctorow, and it's about the end of the world and how IT people help keep things running. It's called When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bali View Post
Fiction books, I mean! I don't know how many are out there, but I do know of one. Actually it's a short story! It's by Cory Doctorow, and it's about the end of the world and how IT people help keep things running. It's called When Sysadmins Ruled the Earth.
I've read a book by Doctorow that had some similar themes, called Overclocked: Stories of the Future Present. It was really very good. It is an anthology of short stories (it may have contained the story that you referenced above, actually).
Old 09-14-2011, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Maclean View Post
I've read a book by Doctorow that had some similar themes, called Overclocked: Stories of the Future Present. It was really very good. It is an anthology of short stories (it may have contained the story that you referenced above, actually).
Yeah, that's where I read it! That was such a great book. I'm a fan of futuristic sci-fi stuff, so I really enjoyed reading it.

You can get the whole book for free at his website, I think!