Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Server Rack / SAN/NAS Storage Forum > Network and Telecom Forum

Old 08-05-2006, 04:08 PM

Default T1 to ethernet translation

I have some collocated customers who want me to take T1s from their remote offices, and for me to hand the data to their collocated layer-3 switch or router as ethernet.

I could rack-mount an access switch for each customer, but that would be expensive. I could try to route packets between T1s and ethernets at layer-3 within a larger access router, but that would require knowledge of the customer's internal IP addressing, and raise the possibility of one customer sending packets to another customer's private T1.

I believe there are some appliance devices that terminate T1s or channelized DS3s, and translate the data from each T1 to either a separate ethernet, or to a separate VLAN. Is anyone aware of such a box that supports 1 or 2 channelized DS3s? Alternatively, something that does a similar function for one T1 at a time using T1 cards/modules (ala Transition Networks) would be useful.

Last edited by Zitibake; 08-05-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:29 AM
DigitalProviders

You probably want to look at RIC-T1 from RAD; Will basically take a T1 in and give you ethernet out, this will make a nice seamless layer2 ethernet link between two locations with a point to point T1 connection.

http://www.rad.com

There are a few other companies that make gear like this, but they are 8 x T1 to 2 x 10/100 ports, and they are very expensive.

Good Luck.

Cheers,
Digital Providers
Old 09-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalProviders
You probably want to look at RIC-T1 from RAD; Will basically take a T1 in and give you ethernet out, this will make a nice seamless layer2 ethernet link between two locations with a point to point T1 connection.

http://www.rad.com

There are a few other companies that make gear like this, but they are 8 x T1 to 2 x 10/100 ports, and they are very expensive.

Good Luck.

Cheers,
Digital Providers
Yes, i´m agree... You should use a RAD FCD-IP to put in T1 and it gives you ethernet.
Check this out http://www.rad.com/Article/0,6583,9973,00.html
Bye
Old 09-15-2006, 01:49 PM
siservices

Default T1 Fiber Modems

You may also want to look here for T1 Fiber Modems