Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Datacenter, Colocation, Cloud Hosting, Managed Hosting Reviews

Old 03-01-2010, 10:55 PM

Default Hosting in Scratch Telecom - happy experience!

On Jan, 2009, I began to search for a good collocation and backup server hosting provider in the Greater Toronto area. On my list of priorities was connectivity, value for money, reliability and quality/level of customer service. Eventually, after couple months of research, I decided to sign up with Scratch Telecom (http://www.scratchtelecom.com). For the past year, I have already successfully hosted 9 backup servers into Scratch Telecom facility. Scratch Telecom has provided nearly 100% uptime. They are consistently professional with excellent customer support service.
I am a very happy Scratch Telecom customer. They have a brilliant team working for them, and I'm hoping that the level of service I am currently experiencing continues many months in to the future. I believe, and I think I will be sticking around for awhile. : ) 10/10

More detailed review follows.

First Contact (5/5)
After browsing the Scratch Telecom website (http://www.scratchtelecom.com) and learned about the level of service that they could provide, I decided to get in touch. The first person I spoke to at Scratch Telecom was Adam Amer, their Information Security Executive. He was understanding and informative, and after a bit of discussion, we settled on a deal which met my requirements. I really did appreciate Adam and he is always responded to any questions that I had in a timely manner with appropriate courtesy.

Professionalism (5/5): I originally went with Scratch Telecom because, out of a wide array of providers I had tried, they were the most professional. A lot of companies try to project an aura of infallibility, which is good for business until everything fails. Scratch Telecom has been through that fire and come out the better for it.

Price (5/5): Scratch Telecom pricing is very reasonable. They may not be the cheapest one in the Toronto area, but as near as I can find, they are the least expensive. What I mean by that is they are a stable company with multiple interests and genuinely talented employees, and if something is wrong I can trust that it will be corrected in a timely manner. Cheaper is certainly possible, but every cheaper host I tried either had serious issues with their talent, security, response time, or some combination. I really believe Scratch Telecom.com is the best for the price range.

Support / Response Time (5/5): A match for or better than any host I have previously tried. Scratch Telecom.com provide 24/7 technical support. And their response time is really fast.
Scratch Telecom has a very professional, friendly and responsive support team onsite. Not once have I had a technical issue which has not been resolved in a timely manner.

Network (5/5): Their network is gotten close to perfect over the year of improvement. I have experienced very minimum of network downtime or interruption over the year, pretty impressive. There has quite some network improvement over the past year I learned, this includes the addition of Level3 as a primary transit provider, peering agreements within TorIX, the introduction of a new point-to-point fiber connection to 151 Front Street, the introduction of a redundant secondary Cisco core as well as a new backup power diesel generator etc.

Customer Portal (5/5): Scratch Telecom has two customer portals:
Scratch Telecom Corporation - Portal Home and http://database.scratchtelecom.com . It included all the major essential features that you will ever needed, for example, account & ticket management, knowledgebase, IP/DNS management, Bandwidth/Network and Server Status monitoring etc. I am no complains about it at all.