Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Discuss about Datacenter Software/Hardware Related Issues.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:17 AM

Default Technical help with computer problem please?

Every time I start up IE, I am getting a "security alert" message from Equifax. I have removed the certificate from my root certification options, but the alert still keeps popping up [even after I have restarted the computer]. Equifax is now not even showing in my certification list, but I still get the security warning every time.
Any ideas please anyone?
Old 04-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Administrator

This is a data center forum. Why are you posting personal computing questions?

Ken
Old 05-07-2010, 05:24 AM

Hello
Anyone out there having a hard time talking or chatting with a Dell representative who UNDERSTANDS what your problem is? I am tired of talking/chatting with people who have no idea what I'm trying to say to them (my particular situation requires more than the stock answers they must have sitting in front of them that they keep spitting back at me). They are very good at passing you off to another department though.

Any tips on how to wade through the phone rep fodder to talk to a knowledgable customer service rep. who actually has the authority to give the answers I need?

My particular situation is this: got an e1705 on 5/3/06. It has been giving me BSOD regularly (about 14 so far) and I haven't been able to locate a fix. Now there are many suggested fixes out there beyond the many I've already tried, but my 21 days to return the system are almost up. I can't get someone to understand that I'm willing to try more suggested fixes if only they'll give me more flexibility on the return period--should the problem be unresolvable. But somehow that got translated into a return being processed. Anything out of the realm of their stock conversations seems to confuse the reps I've dealt with so far.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:12 AM

This is a tough one, since *anything* could be nuked in your PC. However, there are some things you can try to pinpoint the fried component before running out to get a replacement PC.