Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Server Rack / SAN/NAS Storage Forum > Network and Telecom Forum

Old 12-06-2004, 06:06 PM
stevy

Default CCIE course worth it?

Did anyone take CCIE directly without taking other pre request courses such as CCNA or CCNP?. I think CCIE seems to be very porwerful couse.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:12 PM

I'd stick with CCNP there is a very high failure rate for the ccie lab and it's a bit pricey if you have to keep recertifying every few years.

I did ccna and ccda, but changed job roles so ccnp wasnt needed and work wasnt going to pay.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:13 PM
oasis-k

Yes, I know people who did, but generally it's not recommended. The CCIE written test is a breeze compared to the lab, and as mentioned here - 70% fail the lab. To take that approach you need a lot of time and a lot of equipment - then round it off with one of those very expensive 14 day CCIE bootcamps in the states. Then maybe you'd be OK
Old 12-14-2004, 05:52 PM
arnold

What is the job market for CCIE certification?. Easy get job, if have CCIE certification.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:00 AM
oasis-k

Generally speaking - yes. Because the CCIE is a practical, hands-on test that most people fail, recruiters put a lot of confidence in it. It's just not possible to be a 'paper' CCIE like you can be a 'paper' MCSE.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Pixelation

There aren't much CCIE'ers around (due to several reasons: it's difficult, it's expensive, ...) so when you're a CCIE, you can call yourself (matter of speaking) unique... Personally I don't know, but I think you'll have a great chance to set up a decent career.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:12 PM

I have read a lot about the CCIE course and was thinking about completing it, can anyone suggest me whether i can go ahead on my decision. Thanks
Old 07-14-2010, 08:34 PM

Default it solutions

CCIE is better but i think CCNA is more better than CCIE ...It has more opportunities of jobs in telecoms sector....You can get more knowledge about networking in this course with respect to CCIE and also have opportunities...
Old 07-14-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevy View Post
Did anyone take CCIE directly without taking other pre request courses such as CCNA or CCNP?. I think CCIE seems to be very porwerful couse.
Dear you are thinking right it is also powerful.... But we cant disagree with the importance of the CCNA and CCNP because these course can also provides much better than CCIE.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:47 AM

Hey what is difference between CCIE & CCNA or CCNP. I know about CCNA please suggest me the difference. Your reply will be appreciated.