Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Design, Development, Building Systems and Operations

Old 09-21-2008, 05:09 PM

Default Data Center Drawings

Hi,
Thank you for this wonderful and informative forum. I have been reading the threads and discussions for last 2 weeks and have learned a lot.

I was wondering if there are any good and detailed DC drawings from A to Z that would cover all aspects of a data center.

I have already purchased *Build the Best Data Center Facility for Your Business by Douglas Alger* and the complementary drawings that comes with it.

Any online material or books that you can refer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2008, 08:42 PM

Hi,

What kind of information are you looking? Are you looking a software to draw datacenter? Or do you want to know the information about datacenter? Also, how about the book? Is it good? If it's good, let me know.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:31 PM

Hi Tom,
The book is exellent and I highly recomend it.

What I am looking for is more detailed drawings(blue prints) of both design/structural and IT equipments that goes into the data center.
Everything from generators & UPS, cabling.... all the way to racks and individual servers.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2008, 02:39 PM

Design depends on your budget and square feet of your datacenter. Are you going to have many racks, switches, routers and UPS? What kind of service are you going to provide from your datacenter?