Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Datacenter, Colocation, Cloud Hosting, Managed Hosting Reviews

Old 08-09-2005, 01:01 AM
MadroosterTony

Would consider Europe is the service and quality is there.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:13 PM
jaybirdsmith

So your looking for rackspace/power/bandwidth in a DC towards the east coast? Chicago area? Dallas area?
Old 08-26-2005, 01:57 AM
MadroosterTony

Actually we are leaning more towards Georgia, Virginia, etc. But as said before its more about meeting our requirements, then location.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:04 AM
jpablo

I have a solution that can provide you all that, but overseas. The only difference from what you describe is that IP addresses have to be rented, but fees can be worked around if the deal is worth their effort.

I add servers whenever I need (prices are "per U", not per rack), CS is great and fast, tech support knows what to do and it is free of charge, custom built servers from recognized brands at disccount prices... its actually very good. You just made me realize that, yes, they are good!
Old 08-27-2005, 12:06 AM
jpablo

Let me get you their email address... going to talk with my IT manager. send me a PM and I'll pass it to you.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:47 PM
packeteer

Hello,

After reading your initial post, I agree, you should look elsewhere for redundancy, but bottom line is that you get what you pay for. Now, you are paying more, but would you rather flip the situation and pay less for more problems?

As for my exp, in VA, you have quite a few DC's, but I have had best CS from Savvis. They have actually called ME to inform me of network problems before I knew my network was having problems. Maybe tickets takes longer than 10 mins sometimes, but out of all the providers I used, they are the best out of the high-end ones..ie. MCI, Level 3, AT&T etc.

Steve
Old 12-16-2005, 04:55 PM
jcviawest

Viawest Internet Services in Denver can do all of that. Contact me if you would like to discuss.

jcummins@viawest.net

Regards
Old 12-17-2005, 08:20 PM
MadroosterTony

Quote:
Originally Posted by packeteer
Hello,

After reading your initial post, I agree, you should look elsewhere for redundancy, but bottom line is that you get what you pay for. Now, you are paying more, but would you rather flip the situation and pay less for more problems?
While price is an issue, its not the deciding factor. We just re-worked our Bandwidth price, while we are still paying more then the national average. We are happy we are at, we just are looking for another datacenter to add to services.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to BurstNET

I highly doubt that you will find all of those requirements/features you listed with any large data centers. Most of what you listed is personalized/customized service, and large facilities/corporations just can't provide it.

You need to find a company large enough to have adequate staffing, capacity, resources, and skills, etc...but not too large where you are just another number to them and they cannot bend their stringent ways.

Please feel free to contact us to discuss...we are East Coast based in PA.
http://www.burst.net - http://www.nocster.net - sales@burst.net - Twitter: @BurstNET
Old 12-27-2005, 01:45 AM
joltservers

Yeah I know of a DC that's pretty much like that in Seattle - with 4 or 5 bandwidth providers as well.