Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Server Rack / SAN/NAS Storage Forum > Network and Telecom Forum

Old 12-15-2008, 09:50 AM

Default How to set up IP phone at home?

If I buy IP phone at home, how to connect the phone to my computer. I am the freshman about this. This SIP phone has 1wan and 1lan ports. And do I need to apply SIP service from SIP providers? Or I can use the phone directly once I configure it and connect it to network?
Old 12-20-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraws View Post
If I buy IP phone at home, how to connect the phone to my computer. I am the freshman about this. This SIP phone has 1wan and 1lan ports. And do I need to apply SIP service from SIP providers? Or I can use the phone directly once I configure it and connect it to network?
You'd need to either set up some sort of IP phone service yourself, like Asterisk, or subscribe to a service. Such services are available from many companies. I'm not sure who the best to use in Turkey would be, but two services I use that are good in Canada and the US are les.net and voip.ms. voip.ms also has gateways in the UK so might be a good choice for Europeans. (VoIP is very sensitive to latency so you want to use as close a provider as is reasonably practicable.)
Consumer Electronics and Accessories Wholesale - Gizmograbber
Old 04-19-2011, 05:29 PM

You'd need to either set up some sort of IP phone service yourself or subscribe to a service. Such service are accessible from abounding companies. I am not sure who the best to use but VoIP is very sensitive to latency so you want to use as close a provider as is reasonably practicable.