Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Server Rack / SAN/NAS Storage Forum > Network and Telecom Forum

Old 03-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Colo4-Paul

We used them in the past and actually still keep a small pipe with them that is not in our BGP. I have been very impressed with there technical support. Whenever you call you get through to a live body and from what I have seen they are responsive.

One downside was mentioned earlier. Since the ColoNet is Williams, your usage will be a low percentage since you have added an AS hop.

The biggest problem we had was the perception with anti-spam groups that Yipes is a supporter of spam. In my opinion they earned that reputation, but seem to be trying to clean it up over the last year. I know of 2 companies shut off by Cogent that were im################y accepted by Yipes. Both were on WHT as "Cogent shut us off with no warning" threads. You can also go on groups.google.com and type in "yipes" and see what you come up with.

Maybe the times have changed, but that is why we bought IP from Time Warner and moved off Yipes. I am not saying that they still support it, but the pressure put on us from using their IPs was more than we would deal with.