Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 10-20-2009, 07:39 AM

Default Measure datatransfer with netflow

I am looking for a tool that can measure datatransfer per server (IP). We have an netflow collector running on an linux server but we do not have any good tool to present the data with. Any idea's are welcome. Our wish is to let administration staff have this tool for billing purposes.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:41 PM

For the Linux platform, I would suggest checking out n-Top or Flow-tools. On the Windows platform, Scrutinizer, is a great product for monitoring NetFlow and sFlow.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:33 PM

Cacti can do this too! I don't know how but I saw there was a script for it on the cacti forums.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:09 AM

Cool

Hi,

NetWorxis a simple and free, yet powerful utility for measuring your bandwidth usage and speed of all kinds of wired and wireless network connections (dial up, Ethernet, ISDN, DSL, wireless). The program provides the ability to measure your network throughput, graphic and numeric representation of incoming and outgoing traffic, highly customizable alerts, statistics about dial up connection duration, weekly, daily and monthly bandwidth usage etc.

I recommend it as i have used it and its settings are also very easy to adjust, and it is really free product.

Regards
Ben Thomas