Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Datacenter, Colocation, Cloud Hosting, Managed Hosting Reviews

Old 04-24-2005, 05:56 AM
dcjones

Default Experience with Coloserve?

I was reasearching datacenter in San Francisco and found coloServ. Is any one has experience with their services, specially support.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:02 AM
boethius

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjones
I was reasearching datacenter in San Francisco and found coloServ. Is any one has experience with their services, specially support.
To put it diplomatically, you will not find many compliments going to their sister company, Servepath, which does dedicated boxes. Servepath has come under fire frequently for not remedying its spam issues. Many of its IP blocks are on RBLs and they have been seemingly recalcitrant in addressing these issues.

Assuming, probably reasonably, that Coloserve shares space--physical and virtual--with its sister company, you might be wary of the quality of the IP blocks you'd get from them, though the conditioning of its space and bandwidth/network may be quite good.

The founders of Servepath did come from Inreach Internet, an ISP that I believe was funded by Pacwest Telecom in its early days. Inreach had a solid reputation back in the days when I paid attention to such things. Servepath may just be experiencing technical mismanagement because I'd find it hard to believe executive management would want them to become known as a spamhaus.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:28 AM
dcjones

Thank you for your explanation. Did they overcome with solution for Spamming issues. It is very importnat and many of the customers leaves the company beacause of this.

Thanks in advance.

jones
Old 05-03-2005, 11:00 PM
dhecht

Default Update from ColoServe

Just a note to let you know that neither ServePath nor ColoServe hosts any spammers. In fact, we do not even allow Email marketing (legal or otherwise) per our AUP:

http://www.coloserve.com/aup.html

I think information regarding SBLs may be outdated. As of today there are no Spamhaus SBL listings for our network, which hosts over 40,000 domains and several thousand servers.

I'd be glad to discuss further if you have any questions, but just wanted to set the record straight.

Best,
David

http://www.ColoServe.com

Last edited by dhecht; 05-03-2005 at 11:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-22-2005, 08:12 PM
dotbomber

Default ServePath/ColoServe on the mend but still in SPEWS.

David, that's pretty impressive - I remember you guys had a long spamhaus listing. But THIS SPEWS LISTING isn't great, though the latest comment:
"UPDATE 3/Apr/05: Somewhat better."
is quite encouraging.