Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Data Center Market Place > Colocation, Dedicated Servers, Cloud Hosting, IP Transit Requests > Dedicated Server Requests

Old 07-15-2006, 02:36 AM
crashish

Default EU Dedicated Server Needed

I am looking for a server or servers for a client in Europe.

His budget is approximately $2000 per month and requirements are as follows:
Approximately 8tb of total storage
30tb of transfer per month
Preferred locations (in order): Belgium, Italy, France, Spain, Finland, UK, Netherlands.

Other specifications are not so important. Storage and transfer are the biggest factors in the decision and price is a limitation. Whichever configuration of one or more servers comes in at an appropriate price will be chosen.

Thanks.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:18 AM
crashish

I stated bandwidth and storage requirements in the original post as well as the fact that other specifications are not as important. Bottom of the barrel servers are fine as long as they can push the required bandwidth and handle the storage. Luxembourg would probably be fine, but the information I originally posted represents the request and information given to me. Also, I said that one or more servers would be fine.

Bottom line:
One or more servers with 8tb of storage and a bandwidth commitment of 30tb/month at or below $2000 a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Dear crashish,

why not considering Luxembourg as European hub other players have already chosen e.g. AOL, Amazon, Skype, Napster, iTunes.

On the other hand, what are your exact requirements, i.e. bandwidth, processor, traffic, number of servers, services.

Best,
Old 07-25-2006, 05:11 AM
crashish

Quote:
One or more servers with 8tb of storage and a bandwidth commitment of 30tb/month at or below $2000 a month.

--> do you want in total 8TB of storage independant of distributed on how many servers?
i guess also a back-up solution is needed?

best,
No, a back up solution is not needed. If it were needed, it would have been requested.

I don't think the request is very difficult to understand.

I have spelled it out as clearly as I can, but I will do so once again: ONE OR MORE servers with 8tb TOTAL storage, 30tb TOTAL transfer per month AT OR BELOW $2000 TOTAL per month. Everything else is unimportant as long as the server or servers work reliably and handle the bandwidth and storage required.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:52 AM
crashish

Quote:
indeed your requirements are clear but it is not feasible to offer you under 2 000 USD 30TB traffic per month.
I have already received other offers at and below this price. If you could not meet the requirements why did you bother responding?