Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Prodcuts Reviews, Tools, Tips and Check List

Old 12-08-2008, 10:46 PM

Are any of you guys out there still interested in talking about this, because I could use some help.......
So, my computer hardware has malfunctioned? So lets say the hard drive is actually broken, not just reformatted. And does http://www.hackaday.com/2006/10/01/t...2-hd-recovery/ (and the link still doesn't work) offer hardware data recovery? Or is this just for software?
Any insight? Does anyone have an updated link for me that might offer me a resource?
Thanks. Sam
Old 12-12-2008, 11:43 AM

Hard disk broken is the case of physically crashed of the hard disk, so no software can recover the data. Data recovery software helps when you lost the data logically i.e. virus attack, software or operating system malfunction, power failure etc. when hard disk is physically damaged then you need the help of data recovery services. My hard disk was physically damaged and I was looking for data recovery services, then my friend suggests me to take the help of Stellar Data Recovery. You can also take the help of this company to recover data from your damaged hard disk.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:49 PM

Even if you look at a list on google, how would you really determine which type or company to go with. Choosing the best tools are important if you are going to start a business.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Administrator

We often use a company called Drive Savers (drivesavers.com). They are not cheap, but there is no charge if they are not successful. Contact them for an estimate if you haven't already found a solution.

Ken
Old 01-28-2009, 10:31 AM

Great advice KenB, sometimes data is very valuable and it wouldn't make me feel bad if i have to pay large amount to a company who fetched my lost data. Its very good that they dont charge if they are unsuccessful.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:53 AM

There are some tools you can find helpful:

Display Maestro
Coconut Battery
Maintenance and optimization

Last edited by eilert; 11-23-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:48 AM

Hey this is nice link. Good disaster recovery is very important part of IT industry especially for OS, virtualisation platforms for proper business management. You can even find an interesting link for data recovery even here
http://www.datacentertalk.com/showthread.php?p=36924
Old 01-03-2011, 10:36 AM

I am aware of only data recovery software. I have used once to get back my data when lost due to software malfunction. Stellar Phoenix FAT & NTFS data recovery software not only recovered my lost data but also recovered my lost partition and compressed files.

-----------------------------------------
Search Engine Optimization
Google Results
Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM

As per I know, I have recently experienced this, I will prefer that you call customer care of that hard disk.

Western digital, has data recovery possibilty and replacement ofcourse, but do give this things at earliest, they might fail even more with time gap.