Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 04-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned

Question Buried propane tank?

Does anyone have any experience w/ using propane or dual fuel generators for data center emergency backup power? Has anyone used a vertical buried propane tank? This is a new idea to me but my contractor insists that it's standard procedure. I have always used diesel generators in the past. Any input would be helpful.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:08 PM
PowerCon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallant
Does anyone have any experience w/ using propane or dual fuel generators for data center emergency backup power? Has anyone used a vertical buried propane tank? This is a new idea to me but my contractor insists that it's standard procedure. I have always used diesel generators in the past. Any input would be helpful.
How about finding an engineer to help you? Data centers support shouln't be left to a contractor. You should be able to find an experienced engineer in your area that can give you suggestions on this topic.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Banned

Thanks,
I have an engineer that specified the KW, voltage, ATS etc... of the generator. However, he was ambivalent regarding the type of fuel used. He had not heard of a buried propane tank either but did not have a problem with the idea.
EDG