Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Discuss about Datacenter Software/Hardware Related Issues.

Old 12-03-2004, 04:36 AM
resellernow

Default Server Racks recommendation

I am trying to setup a servers at my office for some new projects. I am going to put few VOIP gatways and servers. Do I have to go for branded server racks such as APC, Corack, HH, Chatswoth or is any others out there?.

How do you choose the server racks?. Can you recommend anything with good price.

Thanks
Mark.K
Old 01-20-2005, 04:40 AM
levidjkt

I go with the size of the rack and what will be on it. If your not going to be hosting a full rack then you might be able to find a smaller rack, maybe a half rack. I have used many Chatswoth cabinets and I really do like them. Good Luck. Make sure to look around before you buy.

Joe Thompson
Old 01-26-2005, 03:56 AM
jaybirdsmith

You can usually find decent used gear if you look around a bit. The market is not as flooded as it was, but places like http://www.computerstructures.com tend to have used cabinets available. We found 70 cabinets in great shape when we build the DC out last year.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:04 AM
DigitalProviders

We used to use stickly chatsworth, but they were very expensive. The quality was great though.

Currently we have replaced them with racks that are custom made for us by www.Gruber.com

They can sell you a premade one or custom config. We needed specific screw holde layout for some specilized equiptment and they were able to meet our needs.

I would deffinatly give them a shout, they have great prices also.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:36 AM
geekster

I would agree with DP, Chatsworth are awsome racks, but Gruber.com has some great knock off's and they are the right price for the job.

-S