Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 09-18-2011, 04:50 AM

Default Live Help

Have you used a live help solution for your company? I was doing some research and found several options, and I wondered if anyone has one they use that works exceptionally well.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:47 PM

We have always used one and have found it to be very helpful to both clients and prospects. Currently we are using LiveChat v6.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:18 AM

LiveChat is great, but it's no longer free. If you have a web hosting plan that includes cpanel, there is a great live help software there. It's free and you don't have to do anything, downloads to your site in the click of a button. That's what I use for my online store. It even sends me a text message when I have a new user waiting for me.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:34 AM

Live chat does have a free option, but you have to pay to get all the features.

If anyone is a hostgator customer, their live help is awesome, I wish I knew who made it.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:17 AM

Nice to see all these recommendations. I have been using Yahoo messenger (I just tell my clients how to get me) but Yahoo is getting less popular, so I'm looking for something else, too.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:57 AM

Thanks much for all the comments. I knew this would be a good place to ask. I'll check into LiveChat, since it seems to be the only one recommended.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:05 AM

The software that WorldHost was talking about is one of two:

Help Center Live: Very powerful all-in-one help center including Live Help, Support Tickets and FAQ. Features include unlimited operators/departments, monitor visitors, initiate chat, collect visitor's information, track visitor's footprint, auto save chat transcripts, canned messages, leave a message, auto-assign tickets to operators, unlimited FAQ topics.

OR

Crafty Syntax Live Help: A Live Help chat system featuring monitor your visitors, proactively open a chat session, multiple chat sessions, referrer tracking, page view tracking, multiple operators, canned responses/images/URLs, multiple departments each with different icons, leave a message.

I think it is the Help Center Live software. You can find both of these on the websites or in cPanel -> Fantastico -> Customer Relationship.

Last edited by mart; 10-23-2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Text Format Mess-up
Old 10-26-2011, 09:14 AM

try 123 live help software, easy to use and well arranged. It offers good administration tools and marketing tools that are simple enough even for non-programmers to implement.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:31 PM

I tried the 123 Live Help software trial that colnaral suggested and it's probably the best I've ever used. Obviously it's better because it's premium and not free but it's really good!