Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Prodcuts Reviews, Tools, Tips and Check List

Old 02-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Default Simple wireless temperature?

Is anyone aware of a simple temperature monitor that communicates via a Wi-Fi network? There are dozens of wired ones, and I can hook one to a wireless client bridge, but the combination is pretty unwieldy.

Ken
Old 02-28-2007, 03:27 PM

Netbotz makes some network appliances that can be hooked into a WIFI network. But they're not "simple".
Old 03-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Thanks, Rmgill. I'm aware of Netbotz but, as you say, their products are not simple (or cheap!). I was thinking more along the lines of AKCP's SensorProbe 2, only wireless. I have hooked one of these to a wireless client bridge, but the two devices make an unweildy combo. I can't believe nobody makes an integrated unit. AKCP says they're not even considering it.

Ken
Old 03-12-2007, 04:32 PM
jimL

Default Alternative for Temperature Monitoring

Would a wireless network attached temperature sensor work for you? 900Mhz wireless temperature sensors that communicate with an Ethernet attached control module would most likely provide you with the same range as Wi-Fi but at a much lower per sensor cost. Such modules let you create wireless sensor networks (containing say 100 sensors per network) accessable and monitorable through a single IP address.
jim
Old 08-20-2008, 01:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to HHSS

Rittal has upgraded their CMC-TC to a wireless version, where different probes are available, including temperature measurement. It works quite well, and it's easy/simple to set up. The price however when it comes to Rittal, is usually in the wrong end.

See more here: http://www.rittal.com/products/katal...twork%20CMC-TC

Datacenter System Architect
Old 10-30-2008, 04:28 PM

Great information from you guys. I will be checking into some of the sites you have mentioned. As this is a possibility for my center. I enjoy reading this as it keeps me busy in the slow times.