Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Discuss about Datacenter Software/Hardware Related Issues.

Old 01-03-2005, 05:09 PM
chinchan

Default Affordable , cheapest and reliable server in market?

I am trying to get few 1U server, for my personel use. What is the Affordable , cheapest and reliable server in market?. What do you think about dell servers?. Please let me know.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Andy

For 1u, you can check out www.rackmountsetc.com and www.rackmountmicro.com. Personally I'm sort of against 1u due to heat issues associated in the long run. I'd suggest a 2u with an extra layer of cooling. As for dell, I'd suggest adding copper ram heat spreaders and HD coolers if you are putting them on a production/webserver use to protect your investment.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:58 PM
jcsuperb

Hi! I hope I help you! My name is Jose Castro by the way. If you still need an affordable server I would recommend the following:

1-Check resellers (such as: Dezines (www.web-hosting.com) or try to find a company similar to them such as Best Value Servers (www.bestvalueservers.com) or the kind. The reason you may want to go through a reseller is so you can take the lowest price and additional or value added services. However, if you need a Service Level Agreement, Quality Assurance and Support, 24x7 Customer Service and Tier 1 solutions, contact a major hosting provider (Tier 1).

2-Check if a Tier 1 hosting provider has a discount on a per server basis, I know many companies do offer discounts on a per server basis or on a "on case by case basis".

3-Test the Network, track record, peering agreements and support, etc.

4-Free set up? Check special servers or discounted servers, you may want to take advantage of a sales promotion and free set up as well.

Hope this helps!

Jose Castro - Channel Manager Superb Internet Corp.
MSN: perupoint@hotmail.com
SuperbServers.Net Reseller Program: http://www.superbservers.net/services/partners_qna.php
Affordable Server Solutions and Discounted servers: www.superbservers.net