Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 04-29-2009, 03:13 PM

Default Bandwidth requirements

First, appologies if this is the worng forum for this question...

Having spent the last year running a web design company i know how bad many of the low cost web hosting companies can be and so I am considering setting up a web hosting company and think if i spe############e i can make a fairly successfull proposition of it but i want to make sure i do it right.

I've got 10 years unix and linux admin experience so am fairly happy with that side of things but the network side of things seems to have passed me by slightly!

Really my question would be. What type of lines should i aim for and how much bandwidth. or Am i mad and its a non starter, the established companies cant be beaten at there own game?

Thanks

DP
Old 05-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

There's a lot of information to gather and research to do before being able to answer that question. it's not something anyone can answer without it.

I'd write a whole list of info to dig up .... but it might frustrate you.

Instead I'll offer our services to do the research for you ... and find the most cost effective network solution for your application. This includes finding and negotiating best offer with local providers (Top tier ... no Kmart vendors). Simply input your detailed requirements in our web portal to create a record for us to work on.

By the way ... our help is no cost to you.

Go here: Bandwidth Solution

God Bless,
Michael
Old 05-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Banned

There are a number of articles that may be useful at these 2 locations:

* Michael Lemm - EzineArticles.com Expert Author

* BroadBand Nation
Old 07-12-2009, 04:44 PM

It depends really. What do you plan to start? A paid hosting company or a free webhosting company. I've heard that a lot of free web hosting companies earn more than their paid counterparts.
But, if you're going for paid type, I'd say both the webspace and the bandwidth play an important role.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:37 AM
Banned

We now have about 300 articles on various topics concerning bandwidth rerquirements (see link above in previous post).

If you prefer (rather than reading through all of that information) .... submit a request and we'll do the research for you at no cost.

Bandwidth Solutions
Old 11-14-2009, 05:20 AM

Cool

Hi,

I think you should start at a smaller level first as if you do something wrong, you could take care of it then and there without much loss.
Frankly speaking, it needs funding and you must be prepared for that first.
Getting clients is another big issue as most people rely on their designer for this and it would be good if you make a deal with a successful designer.

All the best. Hope this information would be useful to you.

Regards
Ben Thomas