Our client a leading in the financial service arena with a multi-platform, multi-location enterprise environment is currently looking to hire a Sr. Storage Spe############t to join their growing team.
If you are looking for a company that will truly value your contribution to bringing their storage group up a notch, please review the following and apply ASAP.
The purpose of this job is to set the overall ongoing and evolving Storage strategy for the client's data located on Enterprise or locally attached disk and the accompanying tape environments. The Senior Storage Spe############t consults and provides direction on the planning, administering and provisioning of corporate data on all IT related projects, which includes Enterprise Storage, Direct Attached, SAN/NAS, and the Backup and Recovery Infrastructure. The Senior Storage Spe############t works to understand the current implemented base to provide the roadmap to the future state.
Your accountabilities will inlude:
1. Lead the development of strategies for Storage infrastructure, existing technology and new strategic direction
2. Architects and designs how Storage related hardware and software are integrated into the infrastructure
3. Defines the storage subsystem architecture to support functional requirements and business needs
4. Provides and leads the technical direction for the Enterprise Storage environment
5. Provides technical support and direction on the build and implementation of Storage related changes
6. Liases with Storage vendor marketing and support groups to keep abreast of industry trends
7. Develops, maintains, deploys and enforces corporate Storage policies and standards
8. Provides technical and strategic direction input for our Enterprise Disaster Recovery process
9. Leads the evaluation and proof of concept for proposed storage architectures and technologies.
10. Leads the development and maintenance of Enterprise Storage Capacity Planning and Performance Monitoring
11. Provide level 2 escalation and hands-on support to project and operational activities; participates in the 7 x 24 pager rotation
12. Understands hierarchical storage management strategies and evaluates their impact and value in the overall design of an integrated storage management solution
13. Provides assistance to Procurement to ensure the Storage hardware and software quotations match the technology requirements
1. Expert understanding of the technologies, architectures and implementation issues of integrated storage solutions
2. Enterprise Storage Management experience in the Distributed/Open Systems
3. Extensive experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting storage technologies including SAN, NAS, Fibre Channel, Enterprise Storage Arrays and Data Replication to support High Availability
4. Minimum 8 – 10 years Storage Management experience
5. University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
6. Backup, recovery and Disaster Recovery experience with high availability solutions
7. Technical understanding of Solaris, Linux, Windows and Enterprise class servers
8. Experience in highly available systems and RAID configurations
9. Project management and strategic planning skills
10. Ability to inspire, lead and manage a technical team
11. Excellent oral and written communication skills