I have a very interesting opportunity here with an international consulting company. Please review the information below and respond with your resume so we can discuss your experience over the phone.
Here is the job description:
Sr. PeopleSoft contract positions; located at the Atrium downtown
Support and enhance PeopleSoft HRMS and Finance application.
Diagnosing and resolving issues and problems with the clients’ information technology systems, applications, and databases involving several processes. Investigating causes, analyzing and diagnosing the problem and repairing or providing detailed alternative solutions.
Evaluating new and changed infrastructure and applications to determine if they can increase the efficiency of the clients’ operations. Working with clients, vendors, purchasing, and internal staff to make recommendations, obtain approval, and purchase hardware, software, licenses, and services as requested.
Assessing clients’ business requirements to determine their information technology infrastructure and applications needs. Working with clients, vendors and service providers to establish the availability of various technologies and determine the most effective approach. Defining and analyzing alternative solutions and recommending changes to business processes to provide effective information technology systems
Leading and participating in project teams established to address clients’ requirements. Implementing major & minor system releases to apply the required changes & enhancements to the system—planning the work, obtaining approval for the time & resources required, setting priorities, developing the solutions, performing technical & integration testing, carry out configuration & change management, and implementing the finished product.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience supporting PeopleSoft Financials (GL, Project Costing, Asset Management, Billing and Accts Receivable)
• 5 years experience with SQR, PS App Designer, App Engine new development and troubleshooting
• Advanced SQL query design (ex. query optimization techniques)
• Current experience supporting PeopleSoft HR (T&L, Tax Upgrades, Payroll/Benefits)
• Possess high organizational and planning skills
• Works effectively and independently in a dynamic environment
• Responsible, takes ownership of work, and follows through to completion
• Possess a high attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task;
• Ability to follow Processes
• Ability & desire to perform “admin” work as well as “technical” work
• High analytical & troubleshooting skills
• Ability to determine the customer’s true needs
• Able to Learn quickly with minimal supervision
• Ability to assess status quo, and come up with new ideas
• High written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain productive business relationships
• Personable; Tactful; Ability to collaborate
• Provides status and feedback
• Ability to articulate and document business requirements, designs, installation plans, etc
• Flexible hours
• On Call is required
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
• Four-year university education in computer science or equivalent;
• Strong experience of PeopleSoft
• At least 4 years working with PeopleSoft application as a developer or as a support analyst
• Knowledge of Oracle, Relational Databases and Unix
• Operational support experience including troubleshooting of application problems
• Good general knowledge of the various state-of-the-art, application packaging and deployment technologies