A major Financial Institution looking to hire an IT Analyst on a 3 month contract. Must have experience in the following areas:
MUST have skills:
AIX - 3 years experience
Unix - 3 years experience
Websphere - 3 years experience
Windows 2000 - 3 years experience
Windows 2003 - 3 years experience
Overview: To provide research, design, installation, maintenance and/or support of systems/applications.
Assisting in ongoing projects and expected to report on production status.
• Monitor product lifecycles, ensuring specifications and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions, undertaking re-development, as required
• Service systems and provide a level of systems/operational availability that meets or exceeds established standards/service levels, while minimizing operational risk
• Adhere to existing processes/standards, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines; plan, monitor and escalate issues as required
• As required, research, design, develop and/or support solutions/processes/applications/systems/products that maximize system availability, efficiency and effectiveness and minimize or prevent problems/issues
• Identify/implement process improvements to enhance revenue, customer experience and/or reduce costs
• Deliver effective and defect-free solutions by providing consulting support (application, hardware, software and operations), researching system issues / opportunities, overseeing the execution of recommendations and maintaining accurate documentation
• May assist in the delivery and maintenance of secure computing facilities and technical infrastructure/architecture to support clients and applications as appropriate
• Provide seamless integration of activities and processes, recognizing system interdependencies
• May monitor the performance of the environment by using meaningful metrics
• May perform testing according to test plans, monitor and report on results, and work with others on problem resolution
• Comply with the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management methodology (PMLC) - including development of project plans, documentation of system requirements, estimates of scope and cost, etc.
• Ensure timely and accurate communications and resolution of issues; monitor service delivery against contract commitments; prioritize work activities
• Manage and analyze day-to-day process for improvements and efficiencies.