Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 06-13-2005, 03:22 PM
swift

Default Data Center floor packages & qualifications

I am trying to find out whether there is a definitive or 'flavoured' floor maintenance /planning software package, that anyone uses.

Also....
Within some UK Data Centers there are definitive roles of whom does what 'on the floor' i.e. networks install cables & support, a hardware group take in deliveries, plan floor & rack layouts, & install kit . Is this the same in the US? What qualifications do the guys at the Data Centres have, or would you expect them to have ?

Thanks for any replies, in advance.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:35 PM
dcjones

I would say there is not much different with UK datacenters and US dataceners. I would say there wil be some different in power supplies. If you want to know more about floor
maintenance, you have to check out.

http://www.set3.com/subloor_cleaning.html

I beleive they do professional cleaning for datacenters. Did I answer your question?

Thank You
Jone
Old 06-29-2005, 06:26 AM
zhuhair

Thanks for the useful info Jones
Old 06-30-2005, 06:28 AM
MegaWatt

Most good grounded datacenter floors do require maintenance on a regular basis. Depending on the floor type, a good cleaning, buffing and an antistatic wax or solution is generally applied. Also, buildup of rubber from shoes, dust and other particulate matter can not only degrade the electrical dissipation quality of the floor, but introduce (in a vary large way) contaminates into air filters and equipment, causing HVAC to run less efficiently and server type equipment to run at a higher temperature.

Cleaning under the floor is just as (if not more) important then the surface.