Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Design, Development, Building Systems and Operations

Old 09-17-2012, 02:09 PM

Default Monitoring/Recording Temp, Humidity

Hey all. I see several devices out there (weatherdirect, microdaq, etc) that have various offerings for tracking temp/humidity. I'm wondering who among you might have such a solution in place and whether it has the ability to automatically send notification should thresholds be reached.

Ideally, this device would be placed in the middle of the room and keep track of temperature and humidity at the very least. Additionally, it could log this data for up to a week. I guess while we're wishing here, if such a solution could remain plugged in so I'm not worrying over when to replace batteries, that would be ideal. We currently have a magnetized humidity/temp reader, but it only keeps track of real-time conditions.

I have a suspicion that the property owners (we're leasing) may not be holding up their end of the bargain with regards to A/C over the weekend. There have been times when I come in from the weekend to find the machines have rebooted themselves and I believe this is the result of overheating.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Your server's error log should tell you why it rebooted. If you're looking for a simple, network connected monitor that logs environmental data and emails alerts, we have used these successfully for years: http://www.akcp.com/products/base-un.../sensorProbe2/ .

Ken
Old 01-21-2014, 06:16 AM

Default Data Center Management with Softwares

The Best Practice in a data center is to monitor it by using softwares that are readily available.

There are n number of Data center solutions available for any data center problems in the industry.

Try management software for Data center. i hope it helps

Thanks,
Raj Netrack
Old 07-15-2014, 07:49 PM

we have used Wish sensors in clients area at their request. it is a great small scale monitoring system
Old 08-04-2014, 07:58 AM

It's ideal for monitoring and recording laboratory or clean room temperature and humidity history.