Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Server Rack / SAN/NAS Storage Forum > Server Discussion

Old 09-14-2008, 04:01 PM

Default Cloud Computing

Not sure if its a term you are familar with, but it looks like its goning to have a lot going for it, especially of your company is considering going down the out sourcing path

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing

What do you make of it?
Old 10-18-2008, 02:08 PM

Vinton G. Cerf, VP and Chief Internet Evangelist at Google, has been called the "Father of the Internet." In 1992, his "IP on Everything" T-shirt caused quite a stir at an IETF conference, where he was the keynote speaker. This concept has been here since the 1990's. Google promoted just one thing and has been trying to do that since the early 1990's. I believe that this is the actual way to go. With increasing Internet Speeds we would soon be working on terminals with only net access.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:22 AM

I know quite a few people are seeing cloud computing as the way of the future, but I just can't get behind it. When I buy software, I want to own it. With a could computing solution, you only rent it so to speak.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:39 AM

Enterprises looking for ways to expand their on-premise infrastructure to add capacity on demand, as well as SMBs or workgroups wanting a fully outsourced infrastructure, are investigating cloud computing. Many of today’s solutions have issues like proprietary application platforms that require redevelopment time to function off-premise, inability to move to another provider if SLAs aren’t met, and long lead times to move or set up new environments.

VMware vCloud in Virtual Datacenter OS - VMware
Old 02-25-2016, 07:54 AM

cloud computing means that storing and accessing information and programs over the net rather than your computer's drive. The cloud is simply a figure for the net. It goes back to the times of flowcharts and shows that might represent the big server-farm infrastructure of the net as nothing however a puffy, white thundercloud, acceptive connections and distributing data because it floats.