Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Discuss about Datacenter Software/Hardware Related Issues.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ptbpres
Default New Server, having issues getting it setup

Hi everyone, new to the forums, ive got pretty decent skills when it comes to learning things with linux, i have apache already installed, php, mysql, etc.. bind is up and running, i can hit my IP using http://IP ADDRESS and it comes up with the apache screen, but i cant seem to figure out where to go from here, ive got webmin installed, and want to use that as my basic control panel for this server. Anyone able to offer advise on getting this server up and running, i have 50 websites i want to host from it, server is more than capable, im just having one of those braindead days, and need a litle guidance. Thanks!

Eric
Old 11-17-2007, 07:40 PM

I've got the hostname setup, ive got godaddy pointing the domain name to the correct IP, everything up to that point works just fine. Just need to know how to get the actual websites to show up on here. Thanks!

Eric
Old 11-17-2007, 07:42 PM

Guess i should include some info here... Its running Fedora 7 with all the latest updates, AMD 64x2 5600 processor and 4 Gig of memory, its working as far as being able to login to webmin remotely, and also to see the default apache page that basically says , well the servers up jsut not configged yet. need some help. Thanks!

Eric