Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Data Center Market Place > Other Offers & Requests > Others

Old 11-26-2009, 12:27 AM
Banned

Arrow Web Hosting Deals

Deals from multiple web hosts .... updated frequently .... from 1X1 and others. Check the list for the latest here:

Web Hosting
Old 12-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Banned

Wrong .... it's an aggragate website with web hosting listed in the left side menu. Try again ....

Web Hosting
Old 02-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Banned

More hosting providers added to the list ... includes unadvertised special deals available only through this link:

Web Hosting
Old 02-22-2010, 10:09 AM

Hello
web hosting company which kicked off the creation of this page. Their absolute lack of professionalism, and the (almost irreparable) damage they did to TweakGuides.com still makes me angry, and it's been quite a while since I escaped their clutches! We will use Oktagone to neatly demonstrate what makes a truly terrible web host.

The basic story goes like this: I was looking for a web host in April 2004 for my new site TweakGuides.com. As with most websites, things start out small, so I didn't want to invest in a dedicated server package costing hundreds of dollars per month. I just wanted some cheap but reliable shared web hosting (that is my site would be on the same server as many other websites, lowering costs). Oktagone was recommended to me because they were cheap and supposedly reliable. Basic Rule Number One - Never rely on one or two pieces of advice when purchasing hosting services. Aside from the fact that people may not really know what they're talking about, nothing replaces decent research when choosing a web host. Some unscrupulous hosting companies even resort to joining forums under pseudonyms and then giving their own services glowing testimonials to con unsuspecting potential customers (though I am not suggesting Oktagone.net did this).