Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 05-10-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeeflyer View Post
No MSN fans? That's what we use extensively among our IT group. The latest version allows you to remain logged in on multiple computers, which I find handy so that I can keep it logged in on my desktop at home, desktop at work and both my home and work laptops. All of them will receive the IM at the same time.
I’m not an MSN user but thanks for sharing that, I didn’t know MSN can do that. Our company wouldn’t allow us to use MSN and I think it wouldn’t be possible because we are using a static IP.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirereyes View Post
I’m not an MSN user but thanks for sharing that, I didn’t know MSN can do that. Our company wouldn’t allow us to use MSN and I think it wouldn’t be possible because we are using a static IP.
I wonder why they prevent MSN but allow other IM programs? Prior to MSN allowing the multiple logins, my favorite was actually Trillian, which is a program that lets you connect to ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, AIM, IRC and several others all at the same time, via a single IM interface.

Trillian shows all your contacts, from the various services, to be displayed in the same app, so you can talk to one MSN contact and at the same time a Yahoo and AIM contact without running three or four IM programs.

I'm not sure if they are still active in updating the program, but if so it's one of those programs I feel is worth the small registration fee.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:11 PM

I Love MSN! It's very pretty and useful)