Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Prodcuts Reviews, Tools, Tips and Check List

Old 01-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Keith Send a message via MSN to Keith
Question Digital Psychrometer Recommendation?

Does anyone here have any recommendations on a good digital psychrometer? I have one that I picked up from a local HVAC shop (it cost me about $110) and it claims to have "instant readings". I have found that it requires a lot of time to sit and wait for it to sample the air. I also find it requires a lot more time to move from different areas of the datacenter as well. It likes to take its time and change the readings slowly. To speed it up, I have to swirl it around slowly for it to get a "whiff" of the new air.

I guess I should rephrase my question with "Does anyone have any recommendations for a true instant digital psychrometer?"

I am mainly only looking for humidity and temperature. I really do not need dewpoint and wet bulb temperatures at this time. I do not have the current one infront of me to tell you who made it. It is really crap though.

Regards,
Keith
Old 06-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Keith Send a message via MSN to Keith

Thanks hmsee, I like the fact that the one you showed me has an infrared thermometer too!

How is the sampling rate? if you were to move from the hallway and into the datacenter how long would you estimate it would take to refresh?