Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Design, Development, Building Systems and Operations

Old 12-07-2006, 03:06 PM
gmanfredy

Default Data Center remodeling

I have been tasked with remodeling our data center. I have come up with a plan of two rows of 9 racks. In the center of one row I will have three network racks. One of my considerations is putting a couple switches in select racks to minimize some of the cabling and in the other patch panels. Is this a good idea? What types of switches would be best for this with out spending crazy amounts fo money? I do not have a large data center and will probably be housing about 90+ servers (this is counting future growth).

I also have the posibility of gettting some blade servers down the road and have plan to scatter them around the racks like ( 2 in each row and about several racks apart). Is this also a good idea? Please execpt my apologies in advance as I'm not very versed in data center building and am new to this, but of course want to create a very nice and easy to grow datacenter with the abilities to move servers in and out with as little problems as possible. I have accounted for growth in the future with having space to add racks when needed.

Hope someone can help?
Thanks in advance
GManfredy
Old 12-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Administrator

You appear to be a novice when it comes to data center issues. I recommend you find an engineering firm in your area with data center experience to help you with this project. Alternatively, contact one of the advertisers listed in the "Data Center Services" section on the left margin of the dct home page. No offense, but your company will not be best served by your implementing free advice you receive from random strangers on an Internet forum (even a great one like this).

KB
Old 12-11-2006, 04:03 PM
gmanfredy

No offense taken as I said I am new to this and I will be using a professional service to build this dc. I was just curious as to what anyone thinks of the idea that was pitched. As this project moves forward I just want to pick as many brains as I possibly can for my own benefit. As this forum is great and filled with idea and information on helpful products. You can never learn enough I always say.

Thanks for the list of firms that is a great help.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
collostore

If your going to do your datacenter on your own, the least of your worries is the placement of switching and cabling, that can be changed fairly easily, more importantly you need to worry about your power distribution, power backups and air handling, these are things that cannot be easily changed when a datacenter is in operation and are very critical in the operation of a datacenter, especially if your considering blade servers as they will increase your power/sq ft and AC/sq ft requirements.

$.02
Old 12-26-2006, 08:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to Dspkable Send a message via MSN to Dspkable Send a message via Yahoo to Dspkable

Our datacenter did a similar thing, by placing 48 port switches at the top of our dedicated server racks and running two uplinks to a distribution switch in our core. This eliminated tons of cabling issues by running one cable from the server to the top of the rack and two cables from the rack to the core. We were literally hacking away old cabling once we made this move, so expansion in the future wouldn't cause any more cabling issues.
http://Sagonet.com
Old 12-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Administrator

For those who want a good familiarity with data center design -- to have informed conversations with contractors, consultants or colleagues, learn best practices, or just better understand the issues involved -- I recommend one or more of the following:
  • TIA/EIA Standard 942 - Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard for Data Centers (electronic version not recommended due to restrictive DRM)
Ken

Last edited by KenB; 12-30-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:25 AM

Default Data Center remodeling

Regarding any service related to data center management or development, you need to consult the data center experts. There are quite a few renowned organizations that provide every kind of help in this field, including academic assistance. TechXact is one such organization that is highly regarded among the people associated with different corporate bodies. If you are facing any trouble in handling the data center, feel free to contact them right now.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:06 AM

I want to help you.But i have no idea as well.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:18 PM

Default Доставка ролл

Доставка роллов Азнакаево +7917 930-95-20
Доставка: +7917 930-95-20 бесплатно от 500р. Режим работы: круглосуточно!

https://vk.com/rollyaznakaevo

"Доставка роллов Азнакаево" "Доставка еды Азнакаево" "Доставка роллов Яна юл" "Доставка еды Яна юл" "Доставка роллов Манауз" "Доставка еды Манауз" "роллы Азнакаево" ""роллы на дом Азнакаево" "еда на дом Азнакаево" "роллы на дом Манауз" "еда на дом
Манауз" "роллы на дом Яна юл" "еда на дом Яна юл" "еда Азнакаево"