Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Datacenter, Colocation, Cloud Hosting, Managed Hosting Reviews

Old 09-07-2011, 04:01 AM

Default Datacenter Hostgator Review?

Does anyone use hostgator for data center use? We currently use another service provider but hostgator seems to be taking over the market, and their pricing isn't as high as I thought it would be. Does anyone here currently use them? I'd love a review of their customer service, uptime, etc.

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:44 PM

They use theplanet datacenter and it is highly recommended. I believe they do provide great uptime and good support. I used to have servers in theplanet and never had any downtime.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:24 AM

ThePlanet has an impressive facility in Dallas, Texas. 35,000 sq. ft of raised floor and 15,000 ft. of static free tile. Excellent security, professional staff....my friend has used them for several years and he raves about their customer service and hasn't had any downtime either.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:45 AM

I've heard good things about Hostgator for a few years now, almost nothing bad. Their prices are pretty good, too, plus I think they give out coupons every month or so.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:24 AM

Hostgator is reputable and reliable enough company to have a deal with.
Just my point of view.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpios View Post
Hostgator is reputable and reliable enough company to have a deal with.
Just my point of view.
I agree. I have used Hostgator for years. There is actually a great coupon at www.ultimatehostgatorcoupon.com which gives you $0.01 hosting for the first month. I used that and I have been using the same package with 10+ sites for years.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:05 PM

I've been using them for years now and the best things of them are support, uptime and server performance. I give them a 110% rating, that's how good they are!
Old 11-12-2011, 02:06 AM

Default Datacenter Hostgator Review?

I have used Hostgator for 3 years, and I find them very reliable. I don't believe they have ever been down in those 3 years, as I have never had any probles. The other great thing about Hostgator is they get their energy from Wind Power. So they will also help to save the planet too!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:48 PM

I just started using Hostgator very recently. I've had very good success with them so far, but I need to be with them for longer to really be able to give a true good or bad review.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 PM

I haven't used them myself, but I have spoken to other systems people who have used them. All the reviews I have read have been good, but they do seem to be mostly based for small business needs. We are a large operation and so we use a cloud provider which we find better for our needs.