Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 09-10-2011, 09:51 PM

Default Green Consumers

I have been doing a lot of research lately into green technologies. There are a lot of companies out there who are "going green". I have to wonder if being green is turning out to be good for business? Are customers/clients more willing to do business with data centers that are becoming more environmentally responsible? Has anyone here noticed a difference?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:19 AM

I think that too many times "going green" is a misnomer. It isn't really "green," in my opinion, when the way they are doing it is by donating money and not by cleaning up their practices. If they are really being environmentally responsible, though, that has to be a good thing, but I'm not sure how it would affect a customer base.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:45 PM

If a company only pretended to go green by donating money and not actually changing anything, I wouldn't want to be their customer. I'd much prefer to be a customer of a company that actually DID try to be greener in measurable, physically ways.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:28 PM

B.Maclean you have a good point! When I said "going green" I was referring to the actual companies who are making the attempt to lessen their impact on the environment. Unfortunately you bring up a good point that many companies just give it "lip service" and don't actually DO anything.