Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Server Rack / SAN/NAS Storage Forum > Network and Telecom Forum

Old 11-15-2008, 04:52 PM

Default Who is best

Which backbone providers would you are the best to deal with, and how would the average person find these providers? I would like to know if anyone can point me in the right direction. I am looking to have fiber optic laid and will need a provider to have the service in my new location.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:58 PM

I believe it depends on what you need.
If you focus on Asia market, NTT/Verio is very strong.
If you focus on US market, Level(3), Internap, etc
If you focus on EU market, I hear good things about Telia, NTT Europe seems good too.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:42 PM

Thank you so much for that information, I was looking not only for myself but for others that might need the information as well. I will be checking out the one you have listed for the US.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:25 PM

tw telecom is still spending capital to do fiber builds. If you are fairly close to the network, we'll do an ROI analysis to determine if we'll build into your space. We have many existing on net locations. If you have an address in mind, shoot it to me in a PM and I can look it up for you. On a side note, you asked about multihoming in another thread. Someone posted a link for more info, but basically, it is a way to avoid a single point of failure in your design. Something to make sure of though, is that when buying from multiple ISPs, you want to make sure they aren't reselling you service. If they are, you run the risk of them both sharing an edge router, which ultimately gives you yet again, a single point of failure.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:06 PM

You should also take a look at Tiscali International Network (TiNet) they have a great connection between the US and Europe.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:53 AM

Asia's best NTT/Verio is the most popular. In US, Level(3), Internap are doing good.In europe NTT and Telia both are doing good business.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Banned

Arrow

Actually ... the "best" for you depends mostly on the requirements you need met AND who is available at the install location you want.

There's much that goes into determining who offers the most cost effective solution for your network requirements ... a one size fits all answer is not in your best interests.

We can help ... at no cost to you. We offer a free consulting service that will research all available providers at a specific location (US) .... and provide you recommendations on the most cost effective that also meets the design needs supporting your applications. This includes our access to unadvertized special pricing and inside relationships with providers. We'll even negotiate for you and help with the paper work.

Simply submit basic info and comments to create a support record here:

DS3 Line With A Low Price Guarantee

We'll do the rest.

God Bless,
Michael
Old 11-13-2009, 11:17 AM

Cool

Hi,

I think it purely depends upon the needs of the user.
One plan or offer maybe best for one user but completely useless for another.
Please share your requirements and needs from the connection so that someone could guide you better.

Regards
Ben Thomas
Old 12-28-2009, 05:17 AM

NTT/Verio- Asia's best.
NTT, Telia- Europe's best.
Internap- US most popular
Old 12-29-2009, 04:48 PM

Take a look at GTT. They are a VON and can cobble together networks of different providers to reach almost anywhere.