Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 11-29-2013, 04:39 PM

Default New member here...quick question

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to the business of data center's and would like to do more research on Canadian companies with data center operations, but I am having a tough time finding the companies that house their own DC's (Beyond the obvious Rogers, Bell, Telus, Savvis, Q9, etc...)

I was hoping to receive a list of:
1) companies in Canada with data centers, regardless of size
2) locations of these data centers

#1 is the real focus for me. #2 is more complimentary, but less important for my learning.

I would really appreciate any information you have - thanks for you consideration!

Michael
Old 12-08-2013, 11:12 PM

I doubt you'll get much of a response to this question.

Companies with data centres either in-house or hosted solutions rarely want to advertise if they have one yet alone give you their locations unless your a potential customer.

Knowing the location of a data centre could breach their security etc. typically Data Centre's don't have big huge neon signs outside advertising services outside they will just look like any other industrial unit.

If its information around tiered status' then I would look up the uptime institute which rate datacentres and can also advise on geographical aspects such as locations near clear hazards such as flight paths near airports, train lines, heavy industry or flood planes where they may constitute a high risk to a data centre in the event of a disaster.

Tags
canada, canadian data center, canadian data centers, data center canada, data centers canada