Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Design, Development, Building Systems and Operations

Old 03-22-2005, 08:05 PM
beldar

Default WAN Matrix Switch Info.

I installed a CNT 2700 at my previous employer's data center. I'm now with another company and looking for a much smaller switch. Does anyone know of a matrix switch that will support the following criteria:

6 DS-3's and 12 T-1's terminated across 7 Routers. It needs the ability to move any circuit to any router (in case a router fails). It needs to be passive or redundant in some form so that if it loses power, etc it will not take down the WAN circuits. It also needs monitor/test ports to connect analyzer/test equipment to and be able to insert them in circuits with no interruption. Ant help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:19 PM
techdeck

Hi,

If I understand your question correctly, are you looking for same solution as CNT 2700?. Is any reason not to go with CNT 2700 again?.

Thanks
Greg
Old 03-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Hi,

I am gathering some information and will update you ASAP.

Thanks
David.K
Old 05-20-2005, 03:18 PM
matrixman

Default Solution

Small high speed matrix based on the 2700 but able to connect ports up to 2.6G with higher speeds to come later on the same engine. Yes, it's brought to you by the same people that brought you the 2700, it's the latest, 2900 and uses the same control as you have seen on the 2700.