Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data center general discussion and solution

Old 01-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilert View Post
Please have a look at more videos on server cabinets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTn_mpvb7n8
That's the smallest server cabinet I've ever seen! What are some uses for it?

Ken
Old 01-04-2011, 08:49 AM

Smaller cabinets are more handy.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Administrator

No, I wasn't asking for additional advertising for this product, I was asking how it's being used. Side access may be great for some things, just not for typical data center equipment -- disk arrays, servers, networking gear -- which is accessed via front, rear and top. Also, with a closed back, the cabinet may pose problems for equipment designed for significant front-to-back airflow.

Keeping in mind that this is a discussion forum, can you tell us how your customers are successfully using this little cabinet?

Thanks.

Ken
Old 01-05-2011, 10:57 AM

Your choice depends on your needs. I like strong, flexible-use cabinets with good interior cabling space that can be customized easily with snap-in accessories and can house multi-vendor equipment.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScratchTelecom View Post
I would recommend APR AR3100. They are very easy to work with, very well priced, and have a lot of accessories.
The main benefit of the AR3150 vs AR3100 for a server application is the additional space in the back of the rack. The wider rack allows for more space to mount the cable managers and PDUs, opening ups the U space. This provides for a cleaner and less congested installation and improves airflow.

With high density server applications, the back of the racks can get very congested. In addition, 1U and 2U servers with cable management arms now protrude further in the back interferring with cable managers and PDUs. Blade servers requrire access to rear fan and networking modules. A wider rack provides the best solution to these issues.

As mentioned previously, the wider rack is also necessary for side-to-side airflow equipment such as large Cisco switches and high density cabling applications.