Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Data Center Market Place > Colocation, Dedicated Servers, Cloud Hosting, IP Transit Requests > Colocation Requests

Old 02-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Question looking for DC in the SF bay area ca

well i just found out about these forums and noticed a lot of good information here.
also im looking to move from SOCAL to the bay area and i was wondering what data centers you all would recomend. here is what i need in terms of specifics.

Dual Xeon 2.8 or 3.0Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 100Mbps Uplink Feed, 2000 or 3000 GB Bandwidth, Hardware RAID 0, Dual 36GB, 10,000 RPM SATA Drives. running Win 2000 or 3000.
remote desktop or other win32 CP. in either san jose or fremont ca. SF is possible too.

this will be strictly for running game servers no web sites or need of any type of databases. i have been looking around a lot and there seem to be huge fluctuations in pricing from one host to the next.

i have gotten anywere from 199.00$ to 399.00 a month quotes from the specs i spoke about above. but it seems most are around 259.00$ a month with a 99$ setup fee.

is this the average or the norm to be expected.

I'm looking to be in a DC on the 1st of april and will be there a minimum of 1 year maybe more. any help or info would be appreciated very much. TY all
Old 03-02-2006, 11:03 PM
dhecht

Default Dedicated Hosting?

Let me know if I can help. It looks like you may be looking for a dedicated / managed server, not a data center to colocate your own equipment?

Best,
David
Old 03-08-2006, 02:20 PM

We have some excellent coverage in the Bay Area. Please submit your info at www.QuoteColo.com and multiple providers in the Bay Area will send you quotes.

Bob
617 640 0309
bob@quotecolo.com