Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Design, Development, Building Systems and Operations

Old 08-31-2009, 12:58 AM

Default Private Data Centers with FCC Satellite uplink/downlink connectivity?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know of a private Data Center with Satellite uplink/downlink connectivity in addition to Fiber?

I know the government depends on them for military purposes, but I was wondering if anyone is aware of a private, FCC liscenced data center with the capability to transmite/host data via satellite in case of disasters, remoteness etc. It seems complimentary for a data center but I haven't heard of it.

Is there any market research on this? What is a good source of information to find out about how many data centers there are, how much revenue they bring in, costs, etc? What is the data center bible? Thanks guys, new to the forums and happy to be here.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:05 PM

Hello;
Not sure if you are still researching this? as the post is pretty old. Was just as interested in finding this out myself last year. Not many private data centers (non-military) have the FCC requirements, thus making the research difficult as I'm sure you have found out.

I ran across one company called Competitive Colocation, LLC. Their lic. allows the use of Ku,Ka,C and L bands. They converted to a tier 3 data centers located in New England. Their satellite service started back from the Reagan days under the "star wars program". Some interesting stuff. I'm sure if you are still researching they will be happy to help. Their info:
Email: info@competitivecolo.com
Phone: 1-888-777-4223

LOL - I ran across your question as I started looking back into this a bit more. Hard find, even for Google

www.competitivecolo.com

Last edited by Sierra1; 10-03-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: forgot to list website

Tags
satellite