Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Discuss about Datacenter Software/Hardware Related Issues.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:19 PM

Default power monitoring software

do we really need a data center planning software? i came across a report on Emerson's Avocent Data Center Planner software that claims that it can monitor power usage in the data center among other things. But we have hardware devices for that, dont we? is it really worth investing in another power monitoring software?
Old 02-03-2012, 04:37 PM

hardware just tells you the rating of one device. with the software, you can monitor all the devices in one place.you can keep track of the device over time too. so yes, i would say it is very important.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:48 AM

I take back my words. I found that Avast flushes memory every 10 sec so the memory consumption will always be back to 5MB during scans (and never above 20MB), which I think is a great feature. OK i will try to download it and apply it as soon as possible...thanks
Old 02-13-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson33445 View Post
I take back my words. I found that Avast flushes memory every 10 sec so the memory consumption will always be back to 5MB during scans (and never above 20MB), which I think is a great feature. OK i will try to download it and apply it as soon as possible...thanks
Can you share results if you have them? Are you satisfied with the feature?