Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Datacenter, Colocation, Cloud Hosting, Managed Hosting Reviews

Old 10-01-2004, 01:19 PM
UserUnfriendly

Default ServerCentral DataCenter Review

To all:

This is a DataCenter review of ServerCentral. They are on my recommended list.

Network: A 100% fiber optic network is completely fault-tolerant and redundant. They currently utilize the following transit carriers: nLayer, Level3, UUNET, Telia, and Teleglobe, as well as a diverse mix of local (in facility) peering with most major networks. This mix of transit and peering provides them unique connectivity to the Internet, and each connection is used for its best routes. They maintain a minimum of 3000mb/sec capacity to each of our upstream providers over diverse, interconnected locations.
Through the design and implementation of our network, they offer the reliability, performance, and scalability required to maintain 100% uptime.

Datacenters: All customer colocation and dedicated servers are provided exclusively at Equinix Datacenters. (www.equinix.com) Security includes 5 layers of biometric palm scanners to enter and leave the facility, over 600 video cameras with 30 day digital recording, along with kevlar floors and walls.
Their main datacenter is in Chicago, IL and is where most of their servers are. It offers N+1 Redundant UPS Systems backed up by 6 250 kW Onan/Cummins diesel generators with 36 hours of fuel. Redundant fiber optic cross-connects to diverse routers ensure 100% uptime

Uptime: They guarantee 100% uptime to all customers on power and internet connectivity. I would agree with that as I have never seen it down either for power issues, attacks, etc.

Tech support: They have a 24 x 7 toll free tech support phone number. This number will always be answered by a human. It is very rare if someone is not available on any call.

Backup: Everything, power and network, are fully redundant.

Overall: I give this DataCenter a very high ranking. It is one of the best I have seen out on the market today. If you are looking for a DataCenter in the MidWest, this is a very good option. They don't have the cheapest prices on the market, but they are worth the extra buck.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:19 PM
miketike

Did you have experience with them?. Please let me know.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:06 PM
UserUnfriendly

Mike,
Yes. I have alot of experience with this company. I do not actually have any servers there at this time, because of location issues. But, I would highly recommend them.

Thanks,
Darin
Old 10-05-2004, 07:09 AM
KarlZimmer

Good people at SC, I know that much. I'd consider them our biggest competitor in Equinix in Chicago. I honestly feel though that we offer a similar service at a lower price.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:45 AM
UserUnfriendly

Karl,
What DC are you from?

Thanks,
Darin
Old 10-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Mesonix

Darin,
Karl is based in the Equinix data center.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:10 PM
KarlZimmer

We are based out of Equinix in Chicago, just like Server Central.