Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General > Suggestions, Feedback, and Site News

Old 12-10-2014, 02:19 AM

How many people still use desktop computers? I honestly want to know!

Also, don't just take a break every 2 hours, stand up! It's really bad for your circulation to sit on your a$$ 8+ hours a day!
Old 10-19-2015, 12:16 PM

You talked about Monitor. I saw people mostly keep their monitor face a little downwards. Is it correct.? Because when i try to do this i feel pain in my neck.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:52 PM

I agree with you this post.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:51 AM

Really great tips i will follow your tips

Thanks
Old 03-19-2017, 04:07 AM

Thanks for sharing this very useful tips but sometimes you just want to work while lounging on your bed, right?
Old 12-11-2017, 07:13 AM

Thanks for sharing this techniques
Old 12-24-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heena View Post
Hello
We usually must spend many hours in front of our computers. Establishing correct placement of monitor, keyboard and mouse along with assuring comfortable sitting height and posture can go along way toward reducing desk related injury and increasing health and productivity. Here are seven helpful computer workstation tips toward working healthier, increasing productivity and minimizing injury.

1. Get the CPU off of the desk. It should be within arm's reach if you need to insert a memory stick, CD or DVD, but the day of the floppy is long gone, so save the valuable desk real estate for important projects instead of the CPU.
2. Position work surface so that your feet rest flat on the floor. You can use a footrest if needed. Legs should comfortably fit underneath and posture should be upright assuring good blood flow to the legs. Get up and stretch regularly.
3. Keyboard should be at a comfortable height where upper arm can relax, not placed to high where you have to lift your shoulders to use the keyboard creating undue stress on shoulders and neck. It should have a slight tilt toward you.
4. Elbows should be at right angles to allow the wrists to be straight. So you can type with your fingers alone and not stress the entire upper body. This can also minimize the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome. Frequent breaks are a must, so pace your workflow to do typing and then perhaps filing (documents not nails J), or other non-repetitive task.
5. Monitor should be placed directly in front of you and centered. Turning your neck or holding it to one side can cause neck tension and headaches. It should be at least the width of the monitor away from you to avoid excessive eye strain.
6. Keep your back against the back rest of the chair and invest in a good ergonomically designed chair that supports lower back. Sitting on an unsuitable chair for extended periods of time is the fastest way toward back, neck, shoulder and other physical problems associated with long periods at the workstation.
7. Take regular breaks. Even a 1 minute break to get up and stretch is helpful to get the blood circulating better in addition to regular longer breaks. Your work will be more efficient and productive.
If you are a freelancer - a writer or a programmer - that spends the majority of your time online at your desk, this is golden. Invest in a chair that is comfortable.. That is a really important advice to follow...