Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Data Center Market Place > Colocation, Dedicated Servers, Cloud Hosting, IP Transit Requests > Colocation Requests

Old 01-05-2006, 11:52 AM
GODS1

Default Looking for a new home

I am looking for a 2U space to place a dual xeon. It will be a clan server. I need a IRC friendly place, the IRC will be private and capped at 300 max users. Unmetered 10mbps preferred and as a clan as cheap as possible. If CPU useage is high IRC will be shut down for the games. We will be looking for multiple locations in the United States. Cogent is fine as long as it is stable. I have 2 months to line this up, that is when our current contract ends. We are a sponsored TWL clan, with a ranked BF2 server as well and any sponsors or deals cut based on a partial sponsorship can be discussed. I have been checking prices and know a decent deal. In the last year and half we have had to make 2 calls for reboots on our current game server. We plan to run a minimum of 5 games, and bandwidth caps, overage fees, hidden fees are not acceptable. We will pay full 6 months or 1 year depending on datacenter/price. We have other servers that will be deployed over the next year in other locations, this one needs a home soon. 2.8 dual xeon 4 gigs ram windows 2003 full COA gige lan x 2.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:19 AM
gridzones

Default PM Sent

PM Sent with details.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:32 AM
GODS1

Thanks for info Gridzones, cost is a little more than expected.

For the others that have skipped by, we are not resellers, no games will be rented off this box. There will be no rooted bots for the IRC, and we will use valid emails only for the IRC passwords. From just looking around I see 100mbps cogent from $699.00 a month to $1,000 a month, and that is with markup, cut a deal, make some money. Check the stats for game servers, 6 hours a day is the average they are full and active, so maybe we tap the 10mbps a few hours a day, or as I hope we tap it all day and have to run more servers. Games we will run are BF2, COD2, COD/UO, CSS, UT2004, Soldat. Right now we run BF2 and a few soldats, just so we do not go over the limits, we have done that before and got a $700.00 bill, that was for 2 weeks. So make yourself a 10% profit, knowing you are providing hours of fun and escape in a game.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:57 AM

What is your ideal price range?
Old 01-10-2006, 12:03 PM
GODS1

$150.00 a month.

The one I am looking at now is $160.00. I will be calling the majors like fdc, bay colo, calpop. We already use calpop, they have been awesome, yet we hold back for fear of going over the bandwidth limits. If given a set bandwidth such as 10mbps we can cap the box and never worry. 2,000 to 6,000 gig a month transfer, BF2 can push 100 gig a day for 64 man full server, which we have ran already for a few days on our current dual xeon. We shut them down so to not go over the limits. With another company we did go over and the bill was $700.00+++ for 2 weeks.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:59 AM
Banned

Post CIHost

Check out CIHost.

They have a new facility in Newark NJ

we have some units there and are very pleased - make sure you tell sales you want a remote reboot unit - that will help w/ reboots as you have complete control

to test ping check out 64.182.165.1

:-)

They have some excellent deals - also they have room elsewhere around the country as well - such as chicago, tx and i think somewhere in California.

http://www.cihost.com/products/crazy...k_Colocation_2

they are offering a 42U rack with 10mbps for around $300 /mo

We have been there since Sept. and very very pleased... few minor things but overall not bad --- know a few gamers here...

PM me and I can give you a link to a cam for an internal view...
Old 01-18-2006, 10:06 PM
GODS1

What am I going to do with a full rack???? I have a 2U dual xeon...... I still have 1 month orange fiber looks to be the best deal now, better than I could get from calpop. Calls are being made this week, server will be mailed out in 2 weeks. Exactly the price we was seeking and central location. It does not seem to many places want to compete for business. Makes me wonder if the market is full and a new datacenter needs to be built. Only FDC is saying they are fully sold out tho. Anything over $250.00 for a 1/4 rack and 10mbps is over priced, that is with support for that price.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:22 AM
Apolo

Hi GODS1,

We can provide you the 2U colocation space you're looking for, HE.net bandwidth at affordable pricing, but there will be a one-time setup fee of $500, since IRC customers are placed on their own switch.

US Facility
HE data center, Fremont, California.
IP to ping: 64.62.188.81
Speed test: http://64.62.188.81/10Mb.bin

Please contact us at info[at]futurahost.com and quote this thread for further information.

Regards,
Old 02-01-2006, 09:13 PM
AlexC

Hello GODS1, if you are considering anything on the east cost, I can offer you colocation space is a Level3 facility in Baltimore. Send me an email to AlexC@hostventures.com and I'll give you a quote. I think you'll find our prices are reasonable. Visit us at www.hostventures.com also.

Alex
HostVentures.com, Inc.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:43 AM
GODS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexC
Hello GODS1, if you are considering anything on the east cost, I can offer you colocation space is a Level3 facility in Baltimore. Send me an email to AlexC@hostventures.com and I'll give you a quote. I think you'll find our prices are reasonable. Visit us at www.hostventures.com also.

Alex
HostVentures.com, Inc.

I provided more than enough information to list a quote. We have found a decent price for what we need. Yet if you guys want to compete, hurry up. We right now have a signed quote for $155.00 a month, no set up fees and no hidden fees, with remote techs for reboots or drive swaps. Bandwidth of 10mbps capped non shared, dedicated, non metered on cogent pipe. Irc allowed, no restrictions and in a secure location. In exactly 2 weeks and 3 days the server will be next day aired to the location, if you want it to be your location talk to me. Today is the 1st, 2-01-06, no later than 2-20-06 or it will be to late.