Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Server Rack / SAN/NAS Storage Forum > Cluster and Cloud Computing Discussion Forum

Old 02-08-2011, 03:56 PM

Default cloud web hosting

I'm new to cloud hosting concepts. How exactly clould hosting works? Just splitting the traffic between all the servers which are in the cloud? is it like load balancing solution?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:01 AM

Lightbulb

Cloud is a HA network that will remain online always except for power supply problems or network problems.

In other word nothing can take a cloud down. Virtualization technology is the backbone of the cloud network.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:39 PM

Different cloud vendors use different virtualization technology and totally diffrent aspect so a generalization in this regard wont apply.

However they exploit virtualization technology and implement HA for redundancy. Cloud are supposed to have scalability but not common with all vendors.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:36 AM

Hi,

Cloud hosting is a kind of web hosting plan that implements a number of hosts virtually to generate the mandatory server resource for a certain website.

The main advantage of the cloud hosting is that it enables the management to share large amount of data on various demands. In this type of hosting, it controls and has very good security for the data and balances other resources virtually. This means that the users and clients do not have any restrictions of resources. Since there are many virtual attributes that makes the cloud hosting. This can be the ultimate and the best hosting method ever.The main advantage of the cloud hosting is that it enables the management to share large amount of data on various demands. In this type of hosting, it controls and has very good security for the data and balances other resources virtually. This means that the users and clients do not have any restrictions of resources. Since there are many virtual attributes that makes the cloud hosting. This can be the ultimate and the best hosting method ever.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:04 AM

In layman terms, cloud hosting is set of resources or computers which are spread over a network, their services can be shared by a wide variety of clients spread across the Globe.

It is not load balancing but more of resource sharing.

You can refer to the post below for more details.

http://datacentertalk.com/showthread...ed=1#post39935
Old 09-20-2011, 12:45 AM

I am curious as I have limited experience with cloud web hosting, but what is the downside to cloud hosting? Is there anyone here who is not sold on it?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byte72 View Post
I am curious as I have limited experience with cloud web hosting, but what is the downside to cloud hosting? Is there anyone here who is not sold on it?
Reliability. With cloud hosting you may experience a bit more downtime then a dedicated server. There are too many outside variables for me to switch. Plus, when something goes wrong, I have the server to fix the issues, rather than emailing and calling until someone answers and someone can fix the problem.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:19 PM

I wonder, the OP, what company are you with?
Or do you plan to use cloud hosting from the company?
Old 12-10-2011, 05:04 AM

Nice information. keep sharing everyone.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney View Post
I'm new to cloud hosting concepts. How exactly clould hosting works? Just splitting the traffic between all the servers which are in the cloud? is it like load balancing solution?
Cloud hosting is the latest form of hosting which provides the resources required by your website on more than one server. It also reduces the chance of any downtime.