Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > General DataCenter Discussion Forum > Data Center Design, Development, Building Systems and Operations

Old 08-06-2009, 02:05 PM

Default Air Quality

We are having construction done in the building where our Data Center resides, and I was asked to monitor air quality. I purchased 2 relatively inexpensive sensor units, but know very little about the subject:

- What is a good baseline for air quality in a Data Center? The device I have measures # of particles > 1 micron per cubic foot (PM1) and > 5 microns per cubic foot (PM5).

- Where should the 2 units be placed? Under the raised floor? In front of the racks?

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Hi and welcome to the forums. Instead of just monitoring and reacting to a problem, you might want to take a more preventive approach. See this thread for more info: http://www.datacentertalk.com/data-c...g-remodel.html. Also, construction in the same building can create other problems besides dust, including security, vibration and power quality issues, which you may also want to watch more carefully.

Ken