Go Back   Data Center, Colocation, Cloud Computing, Storage, Dedicated Servers Forums > Server Rack / SAN/NAS Storage Forum > Network and Telecom Forum

Old 12-16-2004, 07:14 PM
newguy

Default Recommended beginners Ciso course

Which one is best course to start on Cisco Certification?. Also Do we have to do lab test as well?.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:57 AM
Admin

I would be also be grateful for any information on qualifications.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:31 AM
pdw8

It depends on what route you wish to take, the basic Cisco certs are CCNA and CCDA.
CCNA is the basic hands on cert that teached basic networking, OSI model, cisco IOS commands and basic router config.

CCDA is the basic design cert. I don't have too much info but this is better suited to someone going into network design and architecture rather than test and turn up.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:39 PM
oasis-k

None of Cisco's associate or professional exams (CCNA/DA, CCDP/NP ETC.)are practical - meaning you have to configure a real router or switch. However, they do contain questions about command lines on switches/routers, and often that's tricky because they give very similar alternatives. In the real world, you might query the router help system with the '?' prompt but that doesn't help in the exam.

All in all I think the Cisco Press books are best. They now have new editions for the latest CCNA and CCDA.

To start Cisco certs you MUST do the CCNA first. All other certifications including CCDA have CCNA as a pre-requisite. CCNA is actually a good cert because it really does a great job on covering all the basics. It's probably the single most useful exam in IT.

I am currently scheduled as trainer on a CCNA/CCDA training camp here - Training Camp CCNA/CCDA on Feb 14th. This a 7 day residential probram that goes from zero to CCNA/DA (including taking the exams - in 7 days)!
Old 05-27-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis-k View Post
None of Cisco's associate or professional exams (CCNA/DA, CCDP/NP ETC.)are practical - meaning you have to configure a real router or switch. However, they do contain questions about command lines on switches/routers, and often that's tricky because they give very similar alternatives. In the real world, you might query the router help system with the '?' prompt but that doesn't help in the exam.

All in all I think the Cisco Press books are best. They now have new editions for the latest CCNA and CCDA.

To start Cisco certs you MUST do the CCNA first. All other certifications including CCDA have CCNA as a pre-requisite. CCNA is actually a good cert because it really does a great job on covering all the basics. It's probably the single most useful exam in IT.

I am currently scheduled as trainer on a CCNA/CCDA training camp here - Training Camp CCNA/CCDA on Feb 14th. This a 7 day residential probram that goes from zero to CCNA/DA (including taking the exams - in 7 days)!
Just to let you know that Training Camp has changed their name to Firebrand Training. More details of this can be found here - http://www.firebrandtraining.co.uk/history/
Old 05-28-2009, 02:59 PM

It's very good to have certificate but you'll forget everything without practice))
Old 12-01-2009, 07:08 AM

Default Passing the CCNA 640-802

Greetings All,

What are the best simulations exams for the 640-802 ?

I took the ccna 640-802 exam and received a 785 and needed a 825 to pass (44 questions). I prepared for this exam by making a lab with two 2650 routers and two 2950 switches. I read several books and completed both the Boson and Transcender practice exams with almost 100% correct on all the prep tests the first time around.

The problem is that the actual exam questions are far more complex then what the Boson and Transcender offered even though these exams are geared for the new CCNA exam.

Is there a better exam prep option? Iam going to purchase certmagic.com 640-802 as i heared great reviews about them. Anyone tried them? Let me know plz
Old 09-18-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw8 View Post
It depends on what route you wish to take, the basic Cisco certs are CCNA and CCDA.
CCNA is the basic hands on cert that teached basic networking, OSI model, cisco IOS commands and basic router config.

CCDA is the basic design cert. I don't have too much info but this is better suited to someone going into network design and architecture rather than test and turn up.
Done with CCNA and going on with the CCDA....any other info if you can provide!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:10 PM

Default Do CCENT for entry level course

For CCDA, you can use the following books to prepare:

Top-Down Network Design ISBN: 9781587051524
CCDA Official Exam Certification Guide (3rd ed) Book/CD Package ISBN: 9781587201776

Good luck
Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 PM

CompTIA Security+ Certification Training (SY0-201)

CompTIA's Security+ Training is the perfect training for one of the fastest growing areas in the Information Technology area. Companies of all sizes, throughout every industry worldwide need good security people to implement organizational security, email security, system security, website and web server security and more.